Saturday 6 November 2010

I Throw Skittles In The Air Sometimes, Sayin Ey Oh I Makes a Rainbow.

I've developed this fascination for rainbows recently (well, even more so)
So I decided to research this phenomena because that be what I do in my spare time - and for my art project which is woefully behind schedule, 5 weeks according to Flubber (art teacher), but no matter.

November rain and scatters of sunshine equal alot of rainbows- in my area anyway. And its fudging marvellous *very happy face.
Also check out my uncle (well i call him that but he's my yunga) Yacine's rainbow profile pic- ain't he purty?


So let us begin this quest! (LotR references still plaguing my mind after the 13 hour extended edition marathon we had)

Firstly, Alexander Binder. Maybe it's the fact that Alex was born on Halloween or maybe it's the fact he was brought up in a forest, but for some reason he seemed destined to do something dark. In his own words, he grew up "in a rural area, shaped by the fairy tales of  Bothers Grimm" and says that it was this early contact mystical and evil figures that led to his interest in all things spiritual and occult. My kind of guy lol.
alexander binder photography black forest
But some of his work is pretty light,  especially as I like to call it "Alex's rainbow work" which he creates by using lenses crafted out of random crap and angling it so that sun rays are refracted (physics FTW) 





alexander binder photography black forest
alexander binder photography black forest

I attempted to copy his style, using my limited knowledge of photography (basically, aim, press button)

Breuillet <3 
Papa Schmoove 

Also now we know what's at the end of the rainbow - and it's not a pot of gold or a leprechaun,
instead it meets the northbound carriageway of the Highway 241 toll road in Orange County, California.
And according to witnesses it was travelling at just over 30mph. 
Wait, a travelling rainbow? 
Ossim.


And finally, if you're a bit down in the dumps, depressed, heartbroken, or just angry at the world because you're a pubescent teen, just listen to this and stop being so anal about life... It fits in with my whole rainbow theme too- this is Rainbow Love (Bob Sinclair ft Onono) 

Enjoy xx




PS: here's a cool project for those asians out there ; making your own camera! Fast, cheap and arty, what more could you wish for ?

http://www.designboom.com/weblog/cat/16/view/10146/peekfreak-cameras.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

My First Lookbook Look Thing