Friday 5 November 2010

Sixteen. Job. Nao.

Jesus Christ I know we're still reeling from the disgusting cereal that was/is the Credit Crunch, but I always thought -how hard could it be to get a job?
....
The answer is Pritty Damn Hard.

Frankly, at this moment me feels like taking this gentlemans attitude:
 

The truth is, once you hit sixteen as alot of my peers (lol pears) are, it feels like its about time to become independent, the whole "You are the pilot of your life *cheesy wink*" ideology. So we begin planning our lives a bit more seriously than the Pussy Cat Dolls' attempt "when I grow up I wanna be famous, drive nice cars, I wanna big booty" ... yes girls *pats on pretty heads.

Homes, it scares me that I be falling behind, watching fellow awesomes getting jobs, internships, work experience .. and most importantly... Le Monay. Which I am painfully lacking at this moment in time. 
But have no fear MT! ..Or any other person in my position! I have been applying for jobs! 
hehhehe... funny lookin' picture...

 Here are some ideas:
Supermarkets (tis the season to get moneys- ie: Xmas) 
Sports World (in Peckham. just lol.)
Local Tuition Centre
Extras Agency (because how hard can it be to walk around in the background of a movie?)

If your friends parents' profession intrigues you, don't be afraid to ask for work experience. I have yet to meet   parents who will literally hurt you for asking. If they do then call the popo!

Gumtree.com- Interesting stuff hiding within the folds if this slightly bric a brac vibed site.
If you find nothing you can post a free advert saying let's say "I love kids. Can I take care of your kids?"
and hopefully people will get back to you on that *thumbs up.

Et finalement print out a shitload of leaflets for tutoring/babysitting and post through your neighbours letter box (of course when they're not in to avoid the whole "WTF R U POSTING THRU MY LETTERBOX NIGGA?" ... or maybe that only ever happens in Streatham) and Bluetack to the walls of local primary schools, libraries, and churches (because being Catholic has it's perks)

Hopefully I won't be unemployed for long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My First Lookbook Look Thing