Friday 5 November 2010

Racebook?



Just imagine if Racebook existed, like facebook, but where each race had it's own "type" of profile...
Came up with the idea on the 118 from Brixton to Streatham (this journey during which I wrote a poem which  I will now share)

MY MIND WONDERS AND WANDERS
AS I SIT ON THE BUS, MY MIND WANDERS AROUND
I WONDER ABOUT MY FELLOW TRAVELLERS, WHERE THEY ARE BOUND
I STUDY THEIR FEATURES, IT’S A DREARY DAY , ALL IS RAIN
THEIR FACES ARE HAGGARD, TIRED, THROUGH THEIR MASKS I SEE PAIN
I SEE RESENTMENT FOR THEIR LIFE’S OUTCOME, TREATED WITH DISDAIN.
SLUMPED ON THEIR SEATS , BLIND TO THE WORLDS BEAUTY UNVAIN
THEIR ONE  DESIRE TO REACH THE END OF THIS OBSCENE LIFE,
FULL OF WORRIES, DEATH , DISAPPOINTMENT, HURT AND STRIFE.
THEY TRY SO HARD, BUT IN THE END GIVE UP. WHY NOT?
SO MANY OTHERS HAVE, HAPPINESS FORGOT.
EVERYWHERE WE GO, NO ONE IS FREE  ,
CONSTANT REMINDERS AS OUR PLANET FREEFALLS
INTO AN ABYSS OF UNJUST ENDINGS AND TRAJIC BEGINNINGS.


Ok, slightly depressed William Blake but that was the vibe the people were giving me, gotta work wit' what yuh got.

So as I was saying I was observing how SO VERY multicultural London is. We're like a microcosm aren't we? 
To be honest, I only realised that I wasn't actually "from London... but I mean REALLY from London" (or the UK come to think of it) at the age of eleven when my naive sense that everyone belonged was slowly being dilapidated by society...But that's another story that anyone can identify with I suppose.

Oh and I just googled. Racebook already exists. Poo x\. Its like every thought we've thought and will ever think has been thought by someone else past or present, thus overturning the idea that everyone has a mind of their own. Unless your a philosopher, where it's your job to think in new paradigms, parallel/lateral thinking they call it .

Example: One of the greatest lateral thinkers Edward de Bono has the solution for the Arab-Israeli conflict- Marmite (NOM!).The logic, briefly, is this: a lack of zinc makes men irritable and belligerent. You get zinc in yeast, which is fine for your average lover of Kings Mill. But in the Middle East, the bread is unleavened. Ergo, the great man says, Marmite is the answer to easing the way to peace.

"Lateral Thinking is for changing concepts and perceptions"

With logic you start out with certain ingredients just as in playing chess you start out with given pieces. But what are those pieces? In most real life situations the pieces are not given, we just assume they are there. We assume certain perceptions, certain concepts and certain boundaries. Lateral thinking is concerned not with playing with the existing pieces but with seeking to change those very pieces. Lateral thinking is concerned with the perception part of thinking.

*Sigh. We if we were all lateral thinkers the world would be oh so much funner ...

PS: if every "x" (on fb, txt, msn..) counted as a real kiss, then the whole world would be an orgy! .. apart from the Poles. No one kisses there because its so. damn. cold.
xx

PPS: I really feel like a party. If you too are suffering from party withdrawal symptons, play this on your subwoofer n close your eyes and DANCE. It is not sad, it's very releasing :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

My First Lookbook Look Thing